No products in the cart.
// GENERAL INFO & RULES //
- All competing bartenders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Spaces will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Therefore please ensure you register as soon as possible. The last entry date is MONDAY 1ST MAY 2023.
- Competitors must register and pay the registration fee in full in advance through Eventbrite & ensure you have read all of the competition info, rules and terms and conditions before registering. No refunds are permitted.
- Competitors must complete the Travel Information form & Cocktail Recipe form online by Thursday 1st June 2023 in order for us to arrange transfers and ingredients.
- All rules, guidelines and drink recipes are subject to change at the discretion of the competition organisers. Any violation of the following rules may result in disqualification from the competition.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance before you travel & that you are fully covered for the activities you will undertake as part of your travel to Zakynthos Island for the Zante Flair Open.
- Airport/ferry-port pick-up is included in the entry price. Competitors are responsible for their return transport to airport/ferry port however.
- Accommodation is only included if purchased with the entry + accommodation package. Otherwise please arrange your own accommodation.
- You must adhere to pick up times given & if you are not there at the arranged place/time please make your own transport arrangements. You will be informed of the pick up times closer to the time.
- Competition start and end times are subject to change.
- Competing bartenders will not be allowed to wear logos of any companies conflicting with the sponsors of the event.
- You will be given a t-shirt for the qualification round & another t-shirt to wear in the final, & shorts, which you must wear during your routines. Sizes will be requested on the entry form.
- By entering the Zante Flair Open you agree for us to use photos and videos for promotional and marketing purposes.
- ONLY two bar backs are allowed on stage at any time for each competitor. NO EXCEPTION! No one else will be allowed on stage during the competition, unless they are a specific part of your performance.
- Only competitors are allowed back stage. NO ONE ELSE!! Anyone else will be asked to leave immediately. Please respect this and let your supporters know.
- Use bar backs that are going to assist in your routine. That are going to smile and cheer you on.It makes a big difference to your show!
- Any acts that display low integrity, poor taste or disrespect for the competition, sponsors or the host facility are subject to disqualification from the competition.
- No fire flair allowed.
- If your music doesn’t work the DJ will play something else. You will NOT have the chance to start again.
- Music: Must be provided at the briefing meeting on a USB stick as an MP3 format and properly labeled with your name. We will not play music given to us on mobile phones, iPads, mp3 players or any other devices. It is highly recommended that you bring more than one copy of your music with you in case it is damaged or unreadable. Organisers and event staff are not responsible for damaged or unreadable music. Please use music that is tasteful and does not contain offensive lyrics.
- Behaviour: We expect all competitors to treat all other competitors, judges, and event staff with respect and behave in an appropriate manner. Rudeness and disrespect will not be tolerated and can result in disqualification from the competition. No competitor is allowed to be drunk during the competition, and no drinks are allowed on stage, other than the drinks the competitor has made.
- Weather: In the case of bad weather, due to both venues being outside, the competition will be moved to indoor venues. Our main priority is the safety of our competitors & guests. The weather situation can only be determined the day before the competition and you will be kept informed as to if there are any changes. The competition format will be unchanged.
- Results: Will be announced after the last competitor has been on stage; the judges’ decision is final. If you have any complaints please speak to the organiser on the day. Score sheets are available to view at the end, but not taken away.
- Briefing meeting time and date will be announced soon.
All bartenders must attend this. Failure to do so or lateness may result in disqualification from the competition. If you have not arrived in resort by this time you must let us know beforehand.
// ROUTINE REQUIREMENTS & FLAIR RULES //
- Competitors in the final do not have their scores carried over from the qualifiers to the finals.
- Competitors will have 5 minutes to perform their routine in the qualifiers and 5 minutes in the finals. Two drinks must be made in each round, details as above.
- Competitors will have 4 minutes to set up before their routine.
- All bottles used for working flair must be set in at least half full. Bottles will be randomly checked by the judges.
- All bottles used for exhibition flair must be set in at least 15ml (1/2oz / 1.5cl) of liquid. Bottles will be randomly checked by the judges.
- Any bottles can be used on stage only with Zante Flair Open labels.
- Only Zante Flair Open Stickers are allowed on your bottles.
- Only insulation/electrical tape can be used on your bottles. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No empty bottles can be included in the competition bar set up.
- A metal pour spout is required on the working flair bottles. Tapping (this means hitting in the pour spout to make it shorter) in pour spouts is NOT allowed!
- Any free flowing pour spout can be used on all exhibition flair bottles. Pour spouts can taped (using electrical tape only) in place, as long as they are not restricting the flow of liquid.
- You must bring the bottles & equipment you need with you! Zante Flair Open will supply the ingredients for the cocktails and these can be transferred into your bottles. Water can be used instead of clear spirits.
- Zante Flair Open will not supply any bartending equipment for you. You must bring it yourself.
- Bartenders can set up the Doimo portable bar station any way they choose, but it is highly recommended that nothing starts on the upper bar surface to help with visibility for the audience.
- The Top 8 + 2 Zante’s Best Bartenders from qualifying rounds advance to the Finals. The points from qualification are NOT added to the final.
- Once you have finished your round, please break down your bar quickly and let the next competitor start setting up.
- The competitors code of conduct must be followed and honoured throughout the whole event!
- Competitors will use a portable bar.
- The main sponsors of the event are Stoli Vodka. During the working flair during both rounds, competitors must use the sponsor’s products for at least 10% of their routine.
- The first drink in both rounds must be made using working flair (minimum half full bottle of Stoli Vodka).
- All bottles used in the exhibition flair must be set in at least 15ml (1/2oz) of liquid.
- Having each bartender to do a Finest Call Stall during the routine.
- Each bartender needs to make a drink using 1 Finest Call Sku’s. The flavors are: Strawberry Puree, Mango Puree, Passion Puree, White Peach Puree, Watermelon Puree, Pina Colada Mix, Margarita Mix, Single Pressed Lime (Freshly squeezed), Single Pressed Lemon (Freshly squeezed.
- All bottles used must be clear of brand labels and we will provide stickers for bottles. No empty/dry bottles can be included in the competition bar set up.
- A metal pour spout is required on the working flair bottles. Any free flowing pour spout can be used on all exhibition flair bottles. Pour spouts can taped in place (using electrical/plastic tape), as long as flow of liquid is not restricted.
- Bartenders can set up the competition bar any way they choose, but it is highly recommended that nothing starts on the upper bar surface to help with visibility for both the audience and the judges.
- No fire tricks or flames of any kind or use of flammable liquids will be allowed. If this rule is broken it will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any acts that display low integrity, poor taste or disrespect for the competition, sponsors or the host as assessed by Zante Flair Open or competition judges, are subject to disqualification from the competition.
- Two bar backs will be provided for every competitor.
- Please email beforehand if you have any questions regarding ingredients & requirements.
- Results: We will post the final results after the competition. No print outs will be handed out. Once the competition is finished it is time to enjoy the after party and being surrounded by all your fellow flair bartending friends.
// COMPETITION TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS PROVIDED //
- Bar Tools
Bar spoon, elbow juicer, Hawthorne strainer, fine strainer, full bar caddy, muddler, bar mats
The organiser will supply empty Stoli bottles for the working and exhibition flair. The competitor must provide any other bottles.
These include cranberry juice, orange juice, apple juice, sugar, lime wedges, lemon slices, orange slices and cubed ice. Competitors must provide garnishes.
We will provide a selection of 5 ½ oz Collins’ and 11 ¾ oz Collins’. The competitors must provide any other glassware.
// DRINKS //
- Qualification Round
Bartenders have 5 minutes to make your own cocktail choice (cocktail recipe form) and the working flair needs to be Stoli Vodka and Red Bull. You will be marked down for not following the recipes.
- Final Round
Bartenders have 5 minutes to make your own cocktails choice with our sponsors products (if you will use a different product than our sponsors must have ZFO label) and the working flair needs to be Stoli Vodka and Red Bull. You will be marked down for not following the recipes.
The sponsors for Zante Flair Open are Stoli Vodka, Finest Call Pure and Red Bull Energy Drink. You must use the sponsors products. If this isn’t done then a penalty will be given.