- Age Requirement: All competing bartenders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Limited Spaces: Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for entries is Monday, April 1st, 2024.
- Registration and Payment: Secure your spot by registering and paying the registration fee in advance through Eventbrite. Make sure to read all the competition info, rules, and terms before registering. Remember, no refunds are permitted.
- Forms and Info: Complete the Travel Information and Cocktail Recipe forms online by April 1st, 2024. This helps us arrange transfers and ensure you have all the ingredients you need to shine.
- Flexibility: Rules, guidelines, and drink recipes are subject to change, but don’t worry; we’ll keep you updated on any adjustments.
- Travel Insurance: Plan ahead and get travel insurance to cover your fantastic journey to Zakynthos Island. Be fully prepared for all the exciting activities during the Zante Flair Open.
- Transportation: Enjoy complimentary airport/ferry-port pick-up as part of the entry price. For your return, you will need to arrange your own transport arrangements.
- Accommodation: Accommodation is only included in the entry + accommodation package. Otherwise you will need arrange your own accommodation.
- Pick up Times: Ensure you stick to pick-up times, if you miss one the pick up you will need arrange your own transport. We’ll keep you posted on pick-up times closer to the event.
- Schedule Changes: Competition start and end times may change, but rest assured, competitors will be notified accordingly.
- Dress Code: You must wear the provided T-shirts and shorts during your routines both at the qualifying rounds and the finals. Sizes will be requested on the entry form.Competing bartenders will not be allowed to wear logos of any companies conflicting with the sponsors of the event.
- Capture the Moment: By entering, you agree to let us use photos and videos for promotional and marketing purposes. Be ready to shine on and off stage!
- Stage Etiquette: Only two bar backs are allowed on stage for each competitor, and only competitors are allowed backstage. Anyone else will be asked to leave. Make sure your supporters are aware of this rule.
- Positive Vibes: Use bar backs who will cheer you on and contribute to the energy of your show. Let’s keep it positive and uplifting!
- No Fire Flair: Safety first! No fire flair is allowed during the competition.
- Music Matters: You must provide your music at the briefing meeting on a USB stick in MP3 format, properly labeled with your name. We will not play music given to us on mobile phones, iPads, mp3 players or any other devices. Multiple copies are recommended for a seamless performance in case your file is damaged or unreadable for which the organizers and event staff are not responsible for. Please use tasteful music that does not contain offensive lyrics.
- Behavior: Treat everyone with respect—competitors, judges, and event staff. Rudeness and disrespect won’t be tolerated. Competitors are not allowed to be drunk during the competition, the only drink allowed on the stage is the drink the competitor has made. Stay professional and bring your A-game!
- Weather Plan: In case of bad weather, we’ve got you covered with indoor venues. Your safety is our priority, and we’ll keep you informed about any changes.
- Results: Judges’ decisions are final, and results will be announced after the last competitor. If you have concerns, chat with the organizer on the day. Score sheets are available to view but won’t be taken away.
- Briefing Meeting: Save the date for the briefing meeting—details coming soon. Attendance is mandatory, so don’t miss out on important information. Lateness or failure to attend may result in disqualification from the competition. If you have not arrived in resort by this time you must let us know beforehand.
Zante Flair Open will be held over three days, consisting of qualifying rounds on Day 1 (May 10) and Day 2 (May 11), followed by the finals on Day 3 (May 12).
2. Competition Schedule:
a. Arrival Day (May 9): Participants are expected to arrive in Zakynthos, we will have a group meeting in the evening once everyone has arrived and will proceed to dinner together after the meeting.
b. Qualifying Round 1 (May 10) Infinity Beach Club: First set of 30 participants will compete.
c. Qualifying Round 2 (May 11) Infinity Beach Club: Second set of 30 participants will compete.
d. Finals (May 12) Infinity Beach Club: Top 8 from each qualifying day will compete, totaling 16 finalists.
e. Post-Competition Celebration (May 13): A cruise around the island has been organized for all competitors.
f. Departure Day (May 14): Participants are free to depart.
3. Qualifying Rounds:
a. Each qualifying round will consist of 30 participants showcasing their flair bartending skills.
b. The running order for each day will be determined by random selection from a draw on a live online stream on social media once registration has been closed.
c. Judges will evaluate performances based on originality, difficulty, choreography, and finest call creative open/pour. Cocktails will not be tasted in the qualifying rounds.
d. The top 8 performers from each qualifying day will advance to the finals.
e. We possess the authority to schedule the former champions of ZFO on separate qualifying days
a. The finals will feature the 16 participants who advanced from the qualifying rounds.
b. The running order will be determined by the competitor that accumulates the most points from both qualifying days.
c. Contestants will have an opportunity to impress the judges again based on originality, difficulty, choreography, and finest call creative open/pour. Cocktails will be tasted and graded in the finals.
d. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on the evening of May 12.
- Competitors in the final do not have their scores carried over from the qualifiers to the finals.
- Competitors will have 5 minutes to perform their routine in the qualifiers and 5 minutes in the finals. Two drinks must be made in each round, details as above.
- Competitors will have 4 minutes to set up before their routine.
- All bottles used for working flair must be set in at least half full. Bottles will be randomly checked by the judges.
- All bottles used for exhibition flair must be set in at least 15ml (1/2oz / 1.5cl) of liquid. Bottles will be randomly checked by the judges.
- Any bottles can be used on stage only with Zante Flair Open labels.
- Only Zante Flair Open Stickers are allowed on your bottles.
- Only insulation/electrical tape can be used on your bottles. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No empty bottles can be included in the competition bar set up.
- A metal pour spout is required on the working flair bottles. Tapping (this means hitting in the pour spout to make it shorter) in pour spouts is NOT allowed!
- Any free flowing pour spout can be used on all exhibition flair bottles. Pour spouts can taped (using electrical tape only) in place, as long as they are not restricting the flow of liquid.
- You must bring the bottles & equipment you need with you! Zante Flair Open will supply the ingredients for the cocktails and these can be transferred into your bottles. Water can be used instead of clear spirits.
- Zante Flair Open will not supply any bartending equipment for you. You must bring it yourself.
- Bartenders can set up the Doimo portable bar station any way they choose, but it is highly recommended that nothing starts on the upper bar surface to help with visibility for the audience.
- The Top 16 + 2 Zante’s Best Bartenders from qualifying rounds advance to the Finals. The points from qualification are NOT added to the final.
- Once you have finished your round, please break down your bar quickly and let the next competitor start setting up.
- The competitors code of conduct must be followed and honoured throughout the whole event!
- Competitors will use a portable bar.
- The main sponsors of the event are Stoli Vodka. During the working flair during both rounds, competitors must use the sponsor’s products for at least 10% of their routine.
- The first drink in both rounds must be made using working flair (minimum half full bottle of Stoli Vodka).
- All bottles used in the exhibition flair must be set in at least 15ml (1/2oz) of liquid.
- Having each bartender to do a Finest Call Stall during the routine.
- Each bartender needs to make a drink using 1 Finest Call Sku’s. The flavors are: Strawberry Puree, Mango Puree, Passion Puree, White Peach Puree, Watermelon Puree, Pina Colada Mix, Margarita Mix, Single Pressed Lime (Freshly squeezed), Single Pressed Lemon (Freshly squeezed.
- All bottles used must be clear of brand labels and we will provide stickers for bottles. No empty/dry bottles can be included in the competition bar set up.
- A metal pour spout is required on the working flair bottles. Any free flowing pour spout can be used on all exhibition flair bottles. Pour spouts can taped in place (using electrical/plastic tape), as long as flow of liquid is not restricted.
- Bartenders can set up the competition bar any way they choose, but it is highly recommended that nothing starts on the upper bar surface to help with visibility for both the audience and the judges.
- No fire tricks or flames of any kind or use of flammable liquids will be allowed. If this rule is broken it will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any acts that display low integrity, poor taste or disrespect for the competition, sponsors or the host as assessed by Zante Flair Open or competition judges, are subject to disqualification from the competition.
- Two bar backs will be provided for every competitor.
- Please email beforehand if you have any questions regarding ingredients & requirements.
- Results: We will post the final results after the competition. No print outs will be handed out. Once the competition is finished it is time to enjoy the after party and being surrounded by all your fellow flair bartending friends.
- Bar Tools
Bar spoon, elbow juicer, Hawthorne strainer, fine strainer, full bar caddy, muddler, bar mats
The organiser will supply empty Stoli bottles for the working and exhibition flair. The competitor must provide any other bottles.
These include cranberry juice, orange juice, apple juice, sugar, lime wedges, lemon slices, orange slices and cubed ice. Competitors must provide garnishes.
We will provide a selection of 5 ½ oz Collins’ and 11 ¾ oz Collins’. The competitors must provide any other glassware.
- Qualification Round
Bartenders have 5 minutes to make your own cocktail choice (cocktail recipe form) with our sponsors products (if you will use a different product than our sponsors must have ZFO label which we will provide) and the working flair needs to be Stoli Vodka and energy drink. You will be marked down for not following the recipes. 10% of competitors routine must be completed with Stoli Vodka bottle.
- Final Round
Bartenders have 5 minutes to make your own cocktails choice with our sponsors products (if you will use a different product than our sponsors must have ZFO label which we will provide) and the working flair needs to be Stoli Vodka and energy drink. You will be marked down for not following the recipes. 10% of competitors routine must be completed with Stoli Vodka bottle.
Finest Call Puree available flavours:
- Finest Call Passion
- Puree Finest Call White
- Peach Puree Finest Call
- Watermelon Puree
- Finest Call Pina Colada
- Mix Finest Call
- Margarita Mix Finest
- Call Single Pressed Lime (Freshly squeezed)
- Finest Call Single Pressed Lemon (Freshly squeezed)